Jeremy began CrossFit in 2010 and started at Trident CrossFit in 2011. Sports have long been in my list of favorites, so when I realized I could compete every single day versus just trying to ‘exercise’, I fell hard for CrossFit. I heard a few things about it and began to look into it on my own a little more. Eventually, I wound up trying out a WOD from the main site (CrossFit.com). In short, it was brutal and I couldn’t even finish it as written. Shortly after, I talked some friends into giving it a shot with me. Before long I had a crew of people and we would try our best to do the workouts with our coaching coming from online videos. Before coming to Trident, we had a pretty ragged list of equipment, but a ton of enthusiasm. After joining Trident, we could really tap into our potential as we had access to top notch equipment and first rate coaching.
My goal as a coach
I try to make an impact on everyone, regardless of their level of fitness or ability. I want to be able to help our newest members and our Head Coaches improve. Coaching requires more than just the physical side of life. I hope people leave mentally stronger, physically more capable, and emotionally prepared for bigger things.
When you’re not CrossFitting, you’re…?
I am blessed with an amazing woman by an even more amazing God. She is likely with me enjoying life,likely doing something with one of our favorite interests: God, sports, music, people.
Advice for someone starting or wanting to start CrossFit
Typically, people have a couple of hesitations. To alleviate those, remember:
1. Nobody is ever satisfied with their fitness on day 1 of joining. Everyone wants to ‘get in shape’ before coming. You’re better off getting in shape WITH us.
2. It IS for everybody. Coaches are prepared to help you start your CrossFit journey. Athletes in our gym range from 4 to 70 years old and come in all shapes, sizes, and abilities. You will fit right in.
3. Take a picture and document your weight and measurements. You are going to want to show off how far you’ve come at some point. Instead of relying on a scale, go by how you feel, look, and how your clothes fit. That’s the true measure.
4. Everyone was nervous starting out. Do you want to continue where you are or take a big step toward becoming something new?
5. Trident CrossFit runs on quality. Nobody said it was free or even cheap. We only say it is worth it.
Certifications, Experience, Honors
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer